The R&D Management Conference and Doctoral Colloquium is an international gathering of academics and practitioners concerned with the study of research and development, technology management, and innovation. The conference provides a valuable means of communication and exchange of ideas among academics and managers. For furhter infomration please read the attached flyer (R&D 2022 flyer).
Filippo Chiarello, Terence Hogarth and Vito Giordano, powered by B4DS team, organize a special track on “Digital transformation of work and organisational design: dealing with changes of skills and profiles“.
In a ever evolving and complex digital world there is the need to re-think organisational design, to make it more data-driven and agile. Fortunately, digitalisation is also bringing new methodological tools. Artificial Intelligence and more in general Data Science can help companies and academia in understanding the complex and ever-evolving environment of work. Anyway, given the novelty of these technologies, it is still hard to identify best practices and to have a clear collection of techniques that can be adopted by companies and policy makers. This track is a call for academics and practitioners to disclose new approaches to organisational design, in a world of digital work.
We thus invite contributions on the following topics:
- The relation between digital technologies and skills
- Organizational design for digital companies
- Data informed organizational design
- Forecast and foresight for the evolution of skills and profiles
- New Skills and jobs for the new organizational context
- Education 4.0, adapting skills for the digital companies
- New educational approaches to improve organizational design
- Data Driven up-skilling and re-skilling
- Ethical and Morality Issues of the use of AI for Organization Design
- From Data to Design Actions
We also call for papers presenting new open datasets/methods and for Industrial and real-world case studies.